Communicating With Parents
Children, parents and the staff of St. Mary’s work in partnership with each other. There are many opportunities, formal and informal for sharing information and exchanging views. Teachers are always willing to make individual appointments to talk to parents; please contact the school office to make an arrangement.
- In the Autumn Term all parents come to a general class meeting to discuss class routines and expectations.
- Later in the term parents are invited to meet their child’s teacher to discuss progress and share information.
- In the Spring Term all parents are invited to discuss their child’s progress.
- In the Summer Term all parents receive their child’s Annual Report and this is followed by an opportunity to meet with the class teacher and discuss the report.
- Newsletters are written weekly to the whole school and to classes for particular events.
- Teachers send home topic information (topic webs) each half term to outline the work that will be covered
- Homework diaries and reading diaries are kept
- The school website contains lots of information about the school including many school documents that can be downloaded. The weekly school newsletter is also published on the website.
If a parents has a concern or a complaint, this is the procedure: SMBS Concerns procedure