The welfare of the children entrusted to our care – physical, emotional, spiritual – is taken very seriously at St Mary’s. Ofsted (2016) graded it as ‘outstanding’. The children’s welfare is looked after by all members of staff.
- First Aid: Our teaching assistants are all trained in paediatric first aid and link with parents of children who may have additional health needs (e.g. Asthma, Allergies)
- Learning: our Learning Mentor is available to talk to parents about any concerns they may have about morning routines, bedtimes, settling-in or friendship worries.
- Specialist care: we have visits from the School Nurse and a Speech & Language Therapist and we link with other care professionals as required
- Breakfast and After School care: we run a Breakfast Club from 8:00, and an After School Club (until 4:40) Monday to Friday to provide extended hours of care for our pupils
- Equal opportunities: whatever their race, gender, culture, class, religion, sexual orientation, ability or special needs – we encourage all children to treat others as they wish to be treated
St Mary’s School is a ‘Healthy School’, which means that we have particular guidelines for the children’s lunches, including a ‘treat Friday’ rule.
Here is the menu for our school lunches: St Mary Bryanston Square Oct 2018 – April 2019 Menu
Here are our guidelines for packed lunches: Healthy schools letter Sept 2018