Health and Wellbeing
The welfare of the children entrusted to our care – physical, emotional, spiritual – is taken very seriously at St Mary’s. The children’s welfare is a priority for everyone within our school community.
- First Aid: All of our support staff are all trained in paediatric first aid and link with parents of children who may have additional health/medical needs (e.g. Asthma, Allergies)
- Learning: our staff make themselves available to talk to parents about any concerns they may have about a wide range of issues which can include: settling-in or friendship worries.
- Specialist care: we have regular visits from the School Nurse and a Speech & Language Therapist and we link with other care professionals as required.
- Breakfast and After School care: we run a Breakfast Club from 8:00am, and an After School Club (until 4:40pm) Monday to Friday to provide extended hours of care for our pupils
- Equal opportunities: whatever their race, gender, culture, class, religion, sexual orientation, ability or special needs – we encourage all children to treat others as they wish to be treated
St Mary’s School is a ‘Healthy School’, which means that we have particular guidelines for the children’s lunches, including a ‘treat Friday’ rule.